|Date of founding||2009/02/01|
|IRC||#hspbp @ IRCnet|
|Number of members||30|
|Membership fee||between EUR 20-40 per month|
|Size of rooms||50 m2Property "Size of rooms" (as page type) with input value "50 m2" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.|
|Members||Dnet, Misnyo, Stef|
H.A.C.K. is the first hackerspace in Hungary, operating since February 2009. In December 2009 we moved into a flat on the first floor of Fogasház, and in April 2012 we moved into a basement which is located in the inner city of Budapest, near a major traffic junction (Kálvin tér).
We've started a series of smaller camps, the first was CampZer0 in 2013, followed by Camp++ in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. A similar event will take place in the summer of 2019 called Camp++ 0x7e3 (TBA).
Just as hackerspaces in general are meeting points in space, OpenNights are meeting points in time, so that hackers who want to join the hackerspace or just look around can meet members who are eager to help newcomers. Since February 2017, it's done on the second Wednesday of each month, the space opens around 19:00 and there's no fixed schedule.
- Lockpicking workshop at 19.00 on the last Thursday every month
- Talks about cryptography called Cryptonite approx. once per month
- Arc welding workshop
- Arduino workshop
- Electronics workshop
- R workshop
- FPGA workshop (planned)
- Erlang workshop
- Bonsai workshop
- Privacy nights (PGP, OTR, Tor, OSTel, Gibberbot, Obscuracam, etc.)
- Config nights (sharing useful snippets for various kinds of software)
- Git workshop
- Android app-dev workshop
- SQL injection workshop
- Python workshops called Pylvax on Sunday afternoons
- GNU Radio workshop
- Slow Scan TV workshop
- VoIP: SIP (inactive)
- Web search: self-hosted Searx at 
- Instant Messaging: self-hosted XMPP/Jabber server with inband registration support at xmpp.hsbp.org
- Source code management: self-hosted git at , we also use GitHub
- CAcert assurance: we have at least 3 assurers
- ZeroBin: zero-knowledge pastebin at 
Our callsign is HA5KBP (HACKBP with a 5 instead of C), and we're famous for our SSTV beacon. We also have connectivity to HAMNET, and we love SDRs.
Connection with neighbouring hackerspaces
We have contact with Hackerspace Szeged, and are open to such contribution with others as well.
Some of our members regularly attend Metalab's various events, such as NinjaCon and Stadtflucht. We participate in the European cross-border hacking community, and maintain friendship with the Progressbar in Slovakia. We've also had visitors (among others) from Syn2cat, Brmlab and Kiberpipa.