Kwartzlab is a hackerspace in Kitchener, Ontario. Our members have a wide range of backgrounds from electronics, programming, wood & metal working, robotics, crafting and more. We opened our doors and hit the ground running October 1st 2009 and haven't stopped since.
October 2016 - Celebrating our seven year anniversary. It's good to be here.
- ~2400 sqft of space split into three areas – Clean Workroom, Heavy Lab, Lounge/Kitchen/Storage
- 24×7 access and on-site project storage for members
- Tonnes of work tables
- Smoking fast wifi
- Lots of natural light
- Garage door
- Wheelchair accessible from Charles Street
Some of our equipment:
- 80W Laser Cutter
- Makerbot Replicator & other 3D printers
- 4x4' CNC Router
- Dedicated electronics bench w/soldering stations, o-scope, logic analyzer, etc.
- Metalworking area with Brake/shear, Bridgeport Mill & MIG welding equipment
- Woodworking area with large saws, lathe, routers & drill presses
- Even more power tools!
A few events we've participated in:
- Maker Expo - Waterloo Region (2015, 2016)
- Southern Ontario Makers & Hackerspace Convention (2009-, hosted 2010 and 2013)
- Waterloo Mini Maker Faire, 2013 (organized)
- Toronto Mini Maker Faire
- Maker Faire Detroit (2010, 2012)
- Many Ubuntu Canada events & release parties
- Headshots from the Heart game-a-thon (supporting Child's Play), 2012, 2013, 2014
- Hacky Halloween - Pumpkin carving & learn-to-solder workshop, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016
Drop by during one of our Tuesday Open Nights (every Tuesday from 7pm to 10pm) to meet the members, have a tour or bring in a project to work on! Check out our events calendar for upcoming workshops & talks: http://www.kwartzlab.ca/events/
|This Hackerspace has a||Lasercutter|
|This Hackerspace has a||3D Printer|
|This Hackerspace has a||CNC|
|This Hackerspace has a||Soldering Iron|
|This Hackerspace has a||Drill Press|
|This Hackerspace has a||Lathe|