|Country||United States of America|
|State or District||Arizona|
|Date of founding||2011/04/17|
|Number of members||75|
|Membership fee||$50USD per month|
|Size of rooms||6600 sq/ft|
Xerocraft is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation that operates out of a 6,300 square foot warehouse at the north edge of Downtown Tucson in the Warehouse Arts District. We have an extensive resource base of tools, equipment, supplies and knowledgeable people. We have been growing steadily for 5 years and are spilling out into our outside spaces.
Do you like to Do It Yourself? Do you have an idea for something amazing but feel like you don’t have the tools or know-how? Do you believe knowledge should be free? Xerocraft Hackerspace offers the room, tools and ideas you need to make your idea a reality.
Xerocraft is a general workshop with resources to take on any project from simple electrical repair to complex electronic design and prototyping to machining gears, casting odd pieces, creating innovative costumes, building art pieces, exploring esoteric arts, and teaching cutting edge technologies.
This is a place where people can share knowledge, resources and create awesome things. Tucson’s hackerspace is new; your involvement will help us grow. Come and meet others like you: people who like to tinker, make, build, craft, destroy, repair, wonder, invent, reuse, fabricate, share, explore, create works of art and have fun.
This is a multifaceted group People from any field that falls under the umbrella of Do It Yourself are encouraged to attend. One of the wonderful things about hackerspaces is the synthesis that can occur when different disciplines are combined. Let's DIT (Do It Together)!
- Mondays, 7:00pm to 10:00pm: Members Only Hack.
- Our Mondays alternate between Members Only Hacks and Steering Committee meetings. Check our calendar for more information. Everyone is welcome to attend Steering Committees.
- Tuesdays, 12:00pm to 4:00pm: Weekday Members Only Hack
- Tuesdays, 6:00pm to 10:00pm: WTF Open Hack
- WTF (Women/Trans/Femme) night is an open hack exclusively for women and those who identify as female or gender neutral.
- Wednesdays, 7:00pm to 10:00pm: Members Only Hack
- Thursdays, 7:00pm to 10:00pm: Open Hack
- Fridays, 12:00pm to 4:00pm: Members Only Hack
- Saturdays, 12:00pm to 4:00pm: Open Hack
- Every Saturday is an Open Hack and possibly a workshop. Check our calendar for more information.
What we offer
Come in and get acquainted with your community hackerspace. This is the time to take a tour, use our tools and ask questions. We welcome a wide range of responsible, creative, supportive and collaborative people to come join our vision of a common Makerspace / Hackerspace / Inventorspace / Creatorspace / Ideaspace.
Every Saturday we try to offer Tucsonans a how-to workshop on anything from woodworking to Arduinos to metal casting. Check our calendar for upcoming Saturday workshops. A donation of $5 is encouraged but not required.
Xerocraft has an incredible number of tools that will allow you to build virtually anything. Here is a partial list:
- 3D printers, laser cutters, A Complete Wood Shop -- Wood Lathe, Band Saw, 13″ Planer, Router, Drill Press, Scroll Saw, Table Saw, A Crafts and Multi-purpose room -- Sewing Machines, Embroidery Machine,Hot Glue Guns, Heat Guns, Irons, Fabric and craft stocks, Electronic Benches -- Soldering Stations, Diagnostic equipment, How-to books, Arduino kits, Miscellaneous Parts, A Metal Shop with MIG/TIG/HeliArc welders, Plasma cutter, Bridgeport Milling Machine, Metal Lathe, Grinders, Metal Stock, a 3'x5' CNC router table, a vacuum forming machine,a radio station, Blacksmithing, even a foundry!
Xerocraft has been granted a full FCC license to broadcast a 24/7 Low Power FM Radio station with the Call Letters KMKR-LP Maker Radio. KMKR Maker Radio went on the air on January 4th 2018 at 99.9 MHz. The focus of the station is to provide a platform for hyper local programming of local musicians, artists, makers, creators and innovative talent. KMKR is broadcasting to the Downtown Entertainment District, Arts District, the University of Arizona and two campuses of Pima Community College.
We are open seven nights a week for members with Tuesday evening being for Women/Trans/Femme only. We also have other available times on short notice when staffing is available.
We are supported by a membership of $50 a month for extended access to our resources and tools, storage space, neat premiums, free attendance to our workshops and the knowledge that you are helping promote the vision of an independent Technology Commons where knowledge is free and experimentation is encouraged. Check out our membership page for more information and to apply online.
Everyone is free to attend our bi-weekly meetings. If you want to become a Xerocraft regular, this is a great place to start. Come in and be a part of the organization. Here we make decisions about our operation and discuss new ideas about the future of our hackerspace.
|This Hackerspace has a||3D Printer|
|This Hackerspace has a||Lasercutter|
|This Hackerspace has a||Lathe|
|This Hackerspace has a||Drill Press|
|This Hackerspace has a||Sewing Machine|
|This Hackerspace has a||Soldering Iron|
|This Hackerspace has a||Welder|